Really Deep THoughts #347

From: Really Deep Thoughts <rdtout@oasis.novia.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:08:09 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Really Deep THoughts #347
To: Really Deep Thoughts <rdtout@oasis.novia.net>

       Things that are not send to the right address are deleted!
This list is no longer run by majordomo. It is mostly done manually now.
    Missed Issues? Try my archive at http://www.novia.net/~rdt

Date Stamp:                  Digest #347		      Volume: 01
Thu Mar 13 00:20:12 CST 1997

CONTENTS

Interscope Records
Randomness...
yes, i am
new albums
Interview with the Faeries
Tori article from Charlotte's "Break"
No Cheese Gromit!
Baby Tori?
Dew drop inn

[top]

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 12:54:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Jorge Fernandez <jferna03@fiu.edu>
Subject: Interscope Records

hey folks..
this is going to be short because i'm actually in Baltimore and loggin on
because i've been dragged to the computer lab by my evil girlfriend.

someone asked about Interscope Records....from what i remember, at first
Interscope was a very artist-oriented label. their artists really had a
lot of control over their product and there wasn't that huge cloud above
what you do. it's why Trent chose to go on Interscope after the whole TVT
fiasco. Death Row Records was also part of Interscope. then MCA i believe
came into the picture and started distributing the label. that's when the
problems with Death ROw started. finally, Death ROw ended their
association with Interscope and MCA got rid of the whole label.

No Doubt and The Wallflowers are on Interscope, but what's really wrong
with that? The Wallflowers might be a little derivative, but their album
is really good. you get on Gwen's case, i'm going to hurt you.

on another note, as some of you may know, Biggy Smalls was killed over the
weekend. i've never known how to react to something like this. i felt a
lot of mixed emotion when 2Pac died. part of me respected him for being a
very skilled rapper with the voice of an r&b crooner, part of me despised
him for the message of 3/4 of his lyrics. part of me shook my head and
felt bad for him, part of me said "dumbfuck....he got himself into this."
as far as Notorious B.I.G. goes (for those who don't know, the two names
are pretty much interchangeable), here was one of the worst of the gangsta
rappers. someone i really had no respect for as an artist and with all the
millions still could not get himself out of some real stupid shit. should
i feel bad for him? i'm debating that right now...

anyways, i'm out. Aggie, i've driven by Towson at least 5-6 times already.
i figured i'd scream your name out from Townsontown Rd, but would you
really have heard me?

jorge

  (-o-)                     Jorge Fernandez
            |-o-|       Fla. International Univ.            |-o-|
|-o-|                         Miami, Fl.                |-o-|
   |-o-|
                                                          (-o-)

back by popular demand...

[top]