greetin's

From: NADIR <V134PFZD@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1992 18:44 EST
Subject: greetin's

hello all (many, several, few?)

tori amos is good.  I really, really like her music.  but I have this fear of
it (her music) being over-commercialized, a la kate bush.
well, anyway...

I look forward to interesting discussions here.

I haven't seen her live on this tour - unfortunately missed the toronto show...
but from what I've heard, she sounds like a performer in the tradition(?) of
peter hammill - if any of you were affected by her stark, emotional style then
you might want to check out peter's performance when he comes to the US in the
summer

speaking of peter... for those of you who are at all familiar with his recent
output, peter's violinist, co-producer, and sometime co-guitarist are all
present on tori's track "China."  Stuart Gordon, David Lord, & David Rhodes,
respectively.

all for now.

dan(n)

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > May 1992