Tori in Edinburgh

From: welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 92 14:16:07 BST
Subject: Tori in Edinburgh

Last night Tori Amos played the Cafe Royal in Edinburgh to a small (because
of the size   of the venue),  enthusiastic  crowd. Tori  was fabulous,   as
always, playing a shorter than usual set (about 80 mins) with only one song
that I hadn't heard before. Don't ask me to describe it because it  was the
opening song and a lot happened between then and the end of the show.

Her  in-between-song chat  was  even more  explicit  than usual,  which was
consistent with the safe sex theme of the evening, although she  didn't say
anything about "Me and a Gun" as she usually does.

Unfortunately she said that she wouldn't be coming back  to Edinburgh for a
long time (this was when she was pleading with a couple  of noisy people to
stop talking) but the show will be broadcast on Radio Forth at 10pm on some
Monday in the near  future. I'm pretty sure they'll  edit out the  explicit
chat though :-(

I'd just  like to take this opportunity  to thank  Karen and  Alasdair  for
coming along to the gig  with  an open mind  and  leaving with it well  and
truly boggled!

- --
/ Evan Welsh                                          <evan@ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > June 1992