Dr. Amos called!!!

From: mdc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: 13 Dec 1992 20:07:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Dr. Amos called!!!

Last week we sent a copy of the fanzine to Tori's parents.
(They manage her publishing company.)  It was Friday night and
we had just gotten home from work when the phone rang.  Richard
answered it and said, "Dr. Amos is on the phone."  Dr. Amos?
Who's Dr. Amos?  Oh!  DR. AMOS!!!!!!!  Tori's dad!

I answered the call, with no idea what to expect.  He was very
polite and thanked us for our efforts with the fanzine.  He did
have a couple of comments regarding our letterhead: he was
concerned that since RDT is official that our letterhead might
give the impression that it was Tori's official logo.  He said
that her logo is still in the patent process.

He talked for at least 30 minutes while I frantically tried to
take notes.  Tori was born in North Carolina but was not exactly
raised there.  She spent a lot of time there in the summer.  For
some reason I had been under the impression that Peabody was a
boarding school of some sort, but she commuted to classes there.
Tori did have some opera training at Peabody.  After she left
Peabody her training was continued at home by one of the Peabody
instructors.

He told me about the "Baltimore" single Tori recorded at age 14.
Someone here had already mentioned this and I told him that we
had heard about it through the Internet.  He seemed interested
in the group but said that he does not have access.

Dr. Amos also mentioned that Tori still has a pretty hectic
schedule, with several European television and radio
appearances.  I hope to get a list of these when I talk with
Mr. Spivak's office this week.

Missy

 Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
 The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
 mdc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us                   I was looking at the Big Sky

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > December 1992