Brit awards and bits and bobs

From: Graham Goodman <ggoodman@theraj.enet.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 93 07:18:39 MET
Subject: Brit awards and bits and bobs

Tori should appear with Leno more often. I've never seen such a big reaction in
here...  Shame I'm on the wrong side of the oil slick to have been able to see
it...

Re. The Brits. Does anybody know if the Best Newcomer award is decided by the
record buying punters or by the industry 'experts'? If the award is decided by
Joe Public, then I would see it going to a Boys II Men or Charles and Eddie.
But, if it is decided by a panel, then Tori could be in with a shout since the
Newcomer award usually appears to be the least affected by record sales. The
Sun usually get a tip off on the awards (like announcing the special awards to
George Michael and Elton John early), so maybe the picture is just a build up
to her award...  No? Alright, wishful thinking...

As far as I know, Tori is now in London working on the next album although
I noticed in here it said New Mexico...

Finally, the Jools Holland show Later is being repeated on BBC2 at present, but
I don't yet know when they will repeat the Tori edition. I missed it last time
because BBC Scotland decided to show us a Gaelic programme on Scottish pig
farming or something... Thanks guys...

Graham.

Internet - ggoodman@theraj.enet.dec.com
Digital Equipment, Sth.Queensferry, Scotland
Tel - ++44 (0)31 331 8436

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > January 1993