Re: Me And A Gun

From: Thor Iverson <tiverson@lynx.dac.northeastern.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 93 19:18:16 EST
Subject: Re: Me And A Gun

Missy sez:

> Me and a Gun bothers me...  a lot.  I don't think that LE would
> be complete without the song, but I don't like to listen to it
> often.  I don't think that it's only a male thing... any normal
> person would be disturbed by Me and a Gun.

Yeah, I feel the same way.  When she did this live, I found trying to
applaud after the song very difficult (it turns out, I only actually
clapped about 3 times), as if applause was somehow inappropriate.  When
the song comes up on _LE_, or when I'm watching the video, it just seems
a little different than regular music that one reacts to in the standard
way.  Perhaps it's the accapella arrangement, perhaps it's the emotion in
the vocals, probably it's the subject matter.  But I just don't hear it
in the same way I hear, say, "SATY," and can't really react the same way.

Thor

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > February 1993