Lesbian, Sensitive, MaaG

From: George Ludwig <ludwigg@ccmail.dell.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 93 17:05:35 CST
Subject: Lesbian, Sensitive, MaaG

stuff deleted

>But this being embarassed to be male stuff is a crock.  Some men are
>monsters,  but not 80%.  How would people react if someone posted a
>message saying "...oh yeah 80% of women are bitches...".  It's not
>constructive.  It's just as bad for a woman to hate all men as it is
>for a man to hate all women.
>
>This reminds me of a line in a friend's screenplay:  "I basically
>consider myself a reaction against Alan Alda."
>
>   >"Women become attracted to the person they love, and men learn to
>   >love the woman they are attracted to"  (or something like that).
>
>   Yeah, I think this is generally true, even for us sensitive types!
>   ;-)
>
>This too is a crock.  What you're saying is that all women are more
>mature than all men.  That just ain't so.
>
>-Andy

I have to agree with Andy. I am a male; even a sensitive one. But I don't
believe most men are "monsters" any more than I believe most women are. The
portrayal of the evil side of women doesn't take the form of a woman raping a
man. Women express their nastiness in other ways.

I can't believe that this list has spent a LOT of time trying to pidgeonhole
men in general as being bad, insensitive, "monsters", etc (with the execptions
being the "sensitive men" of the list, or the "lesbians trapped in women's
bodies", who, BTW, use their assumed womanhood as their shield against the
criticism of males), and women as being somehow innately mature and sensitive
and loving.

Folks, this just ain't so. Wake up and smell the coffee. I first heard the line
"I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body" YEARS ago from a stand-up *comedian*.
It was funny, then. I'm aghast that so many people on this list took it
seriously enough to discuss it in depth.

And these last-gasp efforts to come to agreements that all men are monsters
(except for the sensitive men/theoretical lesbians of the list, of course), and
people trying to show how sensitive they are by expressing their sensitive
reactions to MaaG is making this sensitive man want to throw up (discreetly, of
course, so as not to nauseate our more sensitive viewers).

I'll be deleting every message I get from RDT that has any of the following
words in the title: Lesbian, Sensitive, MaaG. If ya'll are going to continue
these threads, please at least give me the heads-up.

George Ludwig                   | "The flame that burns twice as bright
fester@parnasus.dell.com        | burns half as long...revel in your time!"
Austin, TX                      | The Opions expressed are mine blah blah blah

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > March 1993