Re: torifest (in Australia)

From: anthony@xymox.apana.org.au (Anthony Horan)
Date: Tue, 11 May 93 12:31:15 AEST
Subject: Re: torifest (in Australia)

In apana.lists.rec.tori-amos, article
<199305100701.AA15492@wampyr.cc.uow.edu.au>, you wrote:

> kelly said:
>
> >the rest of the respondents' locations (not counting our european and
> >australian friends who have expressed interest; sorry but you're just
> >going to have to come to us if you want to attend!) are: one in georgia,
>
> Well, not to be outdone by the 'Septics', I reckon us Aussies ought
> to do something this year as well. For the last 3 years or so we've
> had Katemas near the end of July. Its a great time to listen to lots
> of nice music and imbibe large drafts and sit near the fireplace to
> ward off the ol' winter chills.

Sounds poifect...!

> Hmmm, Torifest, if we were to have one on Tori's birthday (and her
> 30th - how auspicious!) is the 22nd of August. Well... what's it
> to be....
>
> a) have Katemas and just play lots of Tori as well,

Naah...

> b) have a Torifest as well :-)

Why not!

> c) <gasp> drop Katemas this year in favour of Torifest

You'd be lynched... :-)

> I offer my house for/as the ritual sacrifice. I live in Wollongong.
> Where do all those other Aussie RDTers live? Would it be easy for us
> to get together? How long can you survive - last year's Katemas went
> for 14 hours :-)

Although Tori's back catalogue is slightly shorter than that...! I live in
Melbourne along with a rapidly growing number of non-net Tori fans (well, I
know two!) as well as at least one on the net. Hmmm, how about a half-way
point, like say... Cooma? :-) (Sorry non-Australians, in-joke...).

Actually part of the teriffic thing about an international ToriFest would
be that we'd all get to meet each other. Now, who wants to pay my plane
fare? :)

      Anthony Horan, Melbourne Australia  -  anthony@xymox.apana.org.au
   "Stereo? I don't think so. I like good mono!" - Hal Hartley, March 1993

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > May 1993