reading

From: jackal@catt.ncsu.edu (Brad Allison)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 93 23:47:24 EDT
Subject: reading

Jacob Marley's Chain					|Interpretation
	by Aimee Mann					|	by Brad Allison

Well, today a friend told me this sorry tale    	|Her friend is dieing
as he stood there trembling and turning pale    	|of a terminal disease.
he said each day's harder to get on the scale   	|Probably AIDS.
sort of like Jacob Marley's chain.              	|

But it's not like life is such a vale of tears		|Jacob Marley being the
it's just full of thoughts that act as souvenirs   	|Ghost of Christmas
for those tiny blunders made in yesteryears		|Past. When he con-
that comprise Jacob Marley's chain.			|tracted the disease.

Well, I had a little metaphor to state my case		|We all have past
it emcompassed the condition of the human race		|that we would like
but to my dismay, it left without a trace		|to forget about.
except fpr the sound of Jacob Marley's chain.

Now there is no story left for me to tell		|Noone can carry
so I think I'd rather just go on to Hell		|the problems of
where there's snowball's chance that the personnel	|your past for you.
might help to carry Jacob Marley's chain.

						thank you
						-brad

- -
you breathe the strangest twist upon your lips "and we shall be together..."
the same deep water as you -cure

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > June 1993