Tori AAA?

From: noah paul finlan <nfinlan@cwis.unomaha.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1993 03:04:13 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Tori AAA?

> MEMBERSHIP CARD?  Who needs a MEMBERSHIP CARD?  It doesn't MEAN anything.
> At least my AAA membership card will get me towed out of a ditch. :-)

Maybe you can use the card to call Tori, and she's come and tow you out of
the ditch, while singing you a song..? :) <silly grin>

Okay, I'm one of the FEW on here who hasn't given their own person
feelings toward Me and a Gun (yes Michael, it's about rape, and she was
raped).

If I'm doing something, and have the red-headed singing goddess playing in
the background, I can survive Me and a Gun just fine. But if I'm paying
total attention to the album, and the song comes on, I kind of freak. I
suddenly get really depressed, and just kind of stare off in to space
(like Tori does when she sings it) and sing along with her, and a few
times I've shead a few tears. To me, the emotion of that song is SO
strong, that even though I am not female and have never been raped, it's
like I completely understand the emotion of it. Then I have to play a more
upbeat song to get back to normal, or just stay depressed, whichever way I
feel that day.

I don't know how anyone could listen to that song and NOT feel the emotion
and be totally drawn in to it.

Greetings and Salutations Suzanne! :)

Shidoshi
<goes off to find the secret behind the capitalized words...>

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > August 1993