Re: Westwood One..and MAAG

From: anthony@xymox.apana.org.au (Anthony Horan)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 20:55:58 +1000 (AEST)
Subject: Re: Westwood One..and MAAG

In apana.lists.rec.tori-amos, article
<9308232008.AA25391@gradient.cis.upenn.edu>, you wrote:

> >Happy Phantom, Girl, Whole Lotta Love/Thank You, Leather (almost sounding

> >main reason why I really needed this is because I had never heard Whole
> >Lotta Love before, that is one of the few tracks (even if it is a short
> >30-second -- 1 minute track) I have never heard of by Tori.
>
>  about this broadcast.  I assume the Whole Lotta Love/Thank You are Led
>  Zeppelin covers, yes?  Now that is something I would like to hear!  Is there
>  anyone in the NE area who has a copy of this?

They're both Zeppelin covers, yes, "Thank You" is on the UK limited CD single
of "Winter" as well as a couple of other releases. And a rather good b-side
compilation. :) "Whole Lotta Love: is something amusing Tori adds in concert.

Her version of "Thank You", by the way, blows the original away. Completely.

Oh, by the way, just a note to the 3 or 4 people I'm doing various tapes for
at the moment; sorry 'bout taking so long, my (analogue) tape deck's been on
the fritz and had to be re-aligned. They *still* haven't properly fixed its
metal bias adjustmant, but that won't affect the tapes I'm doing. Anyway,
sorry again for the delay, taping commences afresh this week. I'm aiming for
a big postal day on Friday... :)

      Anthony Horan, Melbourne Australia  -  anthony@xymox.apana.org.au
                   "I kind of feel like I'm Metallica..."
           - Tori Amos on the perils of long tours, November 1992

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > August 1993