Re: Theory of a store clerk.

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 1:52:08 EST
Subject: Re: Theory of a store clerk.

Jonathan wrote:

> 	Ok...heres something to gnaw on...I went into a store looking for UtP
> singles and what not the other day, and the guy behind the counter
> said...
>
> "Ya, I kinda figured that She [Tori] would wait for Kate Bush to release
> an album so that she [Tori] could get some ideas..."

I'm a *HUGE*, long-time Kate fan, and this kind of thing makes me
furious. Same with the jerk who wrote the Philadelphia Inquirer
article. It just makes Kate Bush fans look stupid. I don't believe
that most Kate Bush fans are stupid. I hope that non-Katefans won't
hold this kind of ignorance against Kate or her fans. There was a
time when I didn't like Tori, but even then, I never called her a Kate
wanna-be. (that I remember...geez, I hope I never said anything that
dumb...I know I said some dumb things, but...)

> Obviously he wasnt too interested in selling anything to me 8).

Hmph, I wouldn't have bought anything from him either.

  The
> question is  Do you people who are both Kate and Tori fans, and who have
> heard both of their latest releases, find their songs distressingly
> similar?

Well, I haven't heard anything new from Tori yet, and I'm still lukewarm
about Kate's new one, so I'm not the one to ask, but in general, I don't
think they're similar at all. Any similarities come from the fact that
they're both women making music, they both play piano, and some people
involved with Tori during the LE phase wrong-headedly placed some Kate
references here and there (Tori in a box? Right). Other than that, they
don't look alike, they don't sound alike and they don't make music that
is similar. IMHO, of course.

Vickie

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > January 1994