me too, etc.

From: linus@mindvox.phantom.com (Mark Mixson)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 03:17:27 EST
Subject: me too, etc.

I want to resist joining the flood of "me too" messages that I feel are
inevitable, but having missed the SATY ltd.ed., an impulse that comes
"more out of the belly than out of the head" is now forcing me to
humbly request, as well, that some kind soul across the waters assist
me in acquiring the Cornflake Girl ltd.ed. upon its release.  I, of
course, will aid you equally at this end.  Please email me...

Haven't posted for awhile, but want to commend Thor for his
well-considered musings.  Thanks, too, Uli and Shulamis, for the
articles; mine is one more vote for posting such as they appear.
By the way, while violation of copyright is illegal, the limited use of
copyrighted images or articles by individuals such as we (whether on
T-shirts or in rdt) is utterly unlikely to provoke any response whatsoever
beyond, at most, a "cease and desist" demand.  I think an appropriated
image from any source,if used on the shirt, would be acceptable, so long
as the shirt is produced in limited quantity and for no profit.

If forced to use a public domain photo, I'd suggest one in high-contrast
(or one made so with Photoshop) designed to bleed/fade into black or
white, similar in style to that used on After the Rain (though w/o the
phallic microphone).  I've played around with some of the archived images
and this seems easily done.

BTW, the images in the archive are, for the most part...  YES!  Copyrighted.

Given a preference, I'd use the c/u shot of Tori's boxed face from the
SATY video (and album/cd cover) - the "You're  eyes focus on my funny lip
shape" image -  pocket-sized on the left front, perhaps the internet address
beneath or on the other side, and the words, "What's so amazing about
really deep thoughts?" across the back.

Black or white shirt.

No pink.

(But I've nothing against the color.)

Some use of red, however, seems mandated.

Love the traffic, lately.

linus@mindvox.phantom.com                             Here.

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > January 1994