Not only did I find God...

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 20:30:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Not only did I find God...

Hi!

Thanks to the keenest human being on the planet (who shall remain nameless,
but you know who you are! :>) I have now heard FIVE (count 'em) tracks from
_Under The Pink_.

Wow.

Like, well, wow.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album now!!!  The songs I heard are:

"Pretty Good Year"
"God"
"Bells For Her"
"Cornflake Girl"
"Past The Mission"

PGY is catchy and should make an excellent choice for a single.
God is good, God is great... ;>  I think she's singing the lines like
an exclamation, like "god, you're so stupid sometimes" - not as any
invocation of a deity.  However, I am 100% convinced that the double
meaning was intentional on Tori's part!

Bells For Her is played on a prepared piano, and for that I will worship
it forever.  (John Cage was redeemed in my mind when my experimental music
class finally got to his prepared piano works. :)

Cornflake Girl has an excellent groove, though the lyrics are imo a bit
too *too*.  But this is only after listen #4, so that opinion is sure to
change...

Past the Mission turned me off because of its Linda Ronstadt-like style
on first listen, but grew on me at once on listen #2.  Is that Trent Reznor
singing backup, or is this not the track where he appears?

This is going to be an amazing album, folks.  Tori didn't let me down!

Meredith

"hangin' with the raisin girls"

meth@delphi.com

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > January 1994