Kate Bush with some Tori content

From: "Ooh, I'll come in a hurricane for you" <JWATTS@VAX1.UMKC.EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 21:25:48 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Kate Bush with some Tori content

After reading all the references to Kate Bush on RDT, and when I
couldn't find "God," I bought The Red Shoes, and I've come to like
it a *lot*.   I especially like the liner cover/picture for the
single "Eat the Music," and I would love to have that as a poster.
Does anyone know if one exists, and if you know, would you please
send me and info about it to my account?  Thanks so much.

After listening to the tape, though, I don't understand the connection
so many people draw between Tori and Kate.  I hear some similarities,
I do, but I'm inclined to agree with the folks who have been posting
that they think the comparisons are fairly, well, lazy/surfacy.  I
think Fiona was the most recent to write about this.   I have grown to
really like the tape, but I have thought from the first listen that
the lyrics do not seem as thought-full or as (I hate to use this word,
but I'm going to anyway, in the spirit of Tori) deep as those from
Little Earthquakes.

In a very recent post someone mentioned finding some of Happy Rhodes'
stuff.  I've looked unsuccessfully for her music after reading comments
about it here on RDT.   The post also mentioned finding Jane Siberry's
single "Temple."  I just bought her When I Was a Boy this afternoon and
like it, but Tori is still my favorite....

Jennifer

ToriThoughts.Org > RDTRN > Archives > January 1994